Forum: Ruby on Rails YUI widgets, and JSON datasource generated by rails.

D602d4701f6f54835d92ac6d6865e7d8?d=identicon&s=25 bouhier.c@gmail.com (Guest)
Hi there,

I am working on a module which will generate YUI widgets.

For now, I am using the YUI DataTable, which takes YUI Datasource as
source to
populate an html table. I wonder if someone has tried to populate a
YUI Datasource
with JSON generated by a rails controller? (So to dynamicly updating a
table, with a model
represented in JSON format).

Thanks, Christophe
134ea397777886d6f0aa992672a50eaa?d=identicon&s=25 Mark Thomas (Guest)
> I wonder if someone has tried to populate a
> YUI Datasource
> with JSON generated by a rails controller? (So to dynamicly updating a
> table, with a model
> represented in JSON format).
>
> Thanks, Christophe

Perhaps YUI4Rails does this?
http://github.com/mghaught/yui4rails/tree/master#README
6be9dd71f27338c903a365652243b750?d=identicon&s=25 dzonekl (Guest)
Hi, it's using JSON inside the library, but I doesn't seem to be able
to query a server and get JSON back, which then populates the
widgets.