Forum: Ruby Bug In Ruby 1.8.6-26

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
894c987fec070698811cb20baf375c1c?d=identicon&s=25 Opt Opt (opt)
on 2008-12-29 18:37
I'm currently coding a ruby/rails application on Windows Vista using
Eclipse+RadRails. Whenever I launch my application and subsequently go
to view it in my browser, upon refreshing several times the error below
is triggered. I can reproduce it consistently. I have googled and seen
this error several other places as well (mostly on the sparc
architecture) however there are no suggested solutions. Any help is
appreciated.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:  APPCRASH
  Application Name:  ruby.exe
  Application Version:  1.8.6.0
  Application Timestamp:  470624bc
  Fault Module Name:  msvcrt-ruby18.dll
  Fault Module Version:  1.8.6.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:  470624bc
  Exception Code:  40000015
  Exception Offset:  00026644
  OS Version:  6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
  Locale ID:  1033
  Additional Information 1:  51ca
  Additional Information 2:  512258a507002ee6a0cd148c12c4d72e
  Additional Information 3:  6f60
  Additional Information 4:  8003f7374b0b5f4fe55c1522bf9643f8

Read our privacy statement:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid...

=====

c:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/timeout.rb:52: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.8.6 (2007-09-24) [i386-mswin32]


This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
E7cff3cfd41c495e1012227d7dc24202?d=identicon&s=25 Luis Lavena (luislavena)
on 2008-12-29 19:20
(Received via mailing list)
On Dec 29, 3:36 pm, Opt Opt <jp0...@gmail.com> wrote:
>   Application Name:  ruby.exe
>   Additional Information 2:  512258a507002ee6a0cd148c12c4d72e
>
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
> way.
> Please contact the application's support team for more information.
> --
> Posted viahttp://www.ruby-forum.com/.

Can you provide more information about your environment?

Looks like you're using Rails, which version?

Also, you're running Webrick or Mongrel?

Are you refreshing too quick and not letting the connection and
rendering complete? that could affect code execution too.
894c987fec070698811cb20baf375c1c?d=identicon&s=25 Opt Opt (opt)
on 2008-12-29 19:28
Luis Lavena wrote:
> On Dec 29, 3:36�pm, Opt Opt <jp0...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> � Application Name: �ruby.exe
>> � Additional Information 2: �512258a507002ee6a0cd148c12c4d72e
>>
>> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
>> way.
>> Please contact the application's support team for more information.
>> --
>> Posted viahttp://www.ruby-forum.com/.
>
> Can you provide more information about your environment?
>
> Looks like you're using Rails, which version?
>
> Also, you're running Webrick or Mongrel?
>
> Are you refreshing too quick and not letting the connection and
> rendering complete? that could affect code execution too.

Rails version 2.2.2. Webrick development server. Windows Vista 32-bit.
And keep in mind everything is being done from the eclipse environment.
E7cff3cfd41c495e1012227d7dc24202?d=identicon&s=25 Luis Lavena (luislavena)
on 2008-12-30 03:40
(Received via mailing list)
On Dec 29, 4:27 pm, Opt Opt <jp0...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> And keep in mind everything is being done from the eclipse environment.
Two things:

1) Can you use mongrel instead?

gem install mongrel

Then use mongrel_rails:

mongrel_rails start

Webrick is know to have problems, but none of I'm aware related to
Timeout.

2) Try running form the command line and try to reproduce it.

Maybe is not related to Webrick or Ruby itself, but something that
your Rails application is doing on the requests (like using puts to
log debug information).

Also, use another URL (controller and/or action) and see if the
problems happens again.

HTH,
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.