Forum: Ruby on Rails SQL tool

36a866aad2bd74afb2dd1396104418a3?d=identicon&s=25 David Nguyen (pppswing)

I'm looking for a tools under windows that can draw a SQL map using a
sql file and ruby convention. So relations are kept and I can get a nice
gif or jpeg file
with my DB schema.

Thanks :-)
On Dec 29, 10:29 am, David Nguyen <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a tools under windows that can draw a SQL map using a
> sql file and ruby convention. So relations are kept and I can get a nice
> gif or jpeg file
> with my DB schema.

Well, if your DB has the foreign key constraints in it (and it should
-- check out http://www.redhillonrails.org for an easy way to do
that), then you could use a tool like Power*Architect (
http://www.sqlpower.ca/page/architect ) to quickly draw the ER
diagrams.

> Thanks :-)

Best,