Forum: GNU Radio Stand-alone USRP2: Modifying FPGA design

Ba9db45a086952262010f650adf8bacd?d=identicon&s=25 Yongsang Kim (ysjr)
on 2008-12-29 07:24
Hi, all.

I plan a stand-alone USRP2 transmitter (without using PC).
So, it is required to modify the Spartan3 ISE project(s) and add some
HDL source codes for the transmitter.
However, there are many sub-blocks in the project(s) so that it is hard
to figure out that which block should be modified.
It would be very helpful for me if anyone could notify that which part
(or block) should be modified.

Thanks.
79723aa1b24981dcec2dbf7fd59403c1?d=identicon&s=25 Brian Padalino (Guest)
On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 1:24 AM, Yongsang Kim <lists@ruby-forum.com>
wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> I plan a stand-alone USRP2 transmitter (without using PC).
> So, it is required to modify the Spartan3 ISE project(s) and add some
> HDL source codes for the transmitter.
> However, there are many sub-blocks in the project(s) so that it is hard
> to figure out that which block should be modified.
> It would be very helpful for me if anyone could notify that which part
> (or block) should be modified.

There is a port that feeds the interpolation DSP chain.

If you're making a transmitter, this is probably where you want to
feed the samples you create.

Brian