Forum: JRuby Packaging up gems with jruby-complete

444c7d8579d3389a76c8497f5cb66c13?d=identicon&s=25 M.W. Mitchell (goodieboy)

I'm using jruby-complete and would like to bundle up some other gems
(Hpricot etc.). What's the easiest way to do this?

Thanks,
Matt
526d60de6472502bb570a9df2842b33b?d=identicon&s=25 Nick Sieger (Guest)
On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 4:14 PM, Matt Mitchell <goodieboy@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using jruby-complete and would like to bundle up some other gems
> (Hpricot etc.). What's the easiest way to do this?

There isn't an "easy" way to do this right now. JRuby 1.1.6 has a
feature that allows you to bundle gems in a jar file, so you could
manually put the "gems" and "specifications" directories of a gem
repository into the root of the jruby-complete jar, for example. But
we still need to do some work on this for gems that include other jar
files of Java code, such as Hpricot.

I plan to do a write-up of this soonish, check my blog
(http://blog.nicksieger.com/) for the details.

/Nick

Cool thanks Nick. Would you mind explaining the workaround? I unjared
the
jruby-complete jar. But not seeing rubygems or any other gem
specifications.
Are you saying Hpricot won't work?

Thanks,
Matt
F15fdc7cb2e911b3808837f2be244add?d=identicon&s=25 AD (Guest)
matt did you ever get this to work?  I need to do the same.