Forum: Ruby on Rails ruby webApp that requires NO database

A09e58c4e8874799887804fe780cb123?d=identicon&s=25 mehta.rulz@gmail.com (Guest)
HI

I am a newbie to ruby. I am creating a webApp which will dynamically
take data from the API of a search engine and display it, also I need
to display some data directly from internet like a person's blog. For
this application I don't need a database. Should I still use Ruby on
Rails as it uses database and it will be redundant for my application?
Is there any other alternative which I can use?

Thanks in advance,
Anuj
http://anuj-mehta.blogspot.com/
On Dec 26, 12:02 pm, "mehta.r...@gmail.com" <mehta.r...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> HI
>
> I am a newbie to ruby. I am creating a webApp which will dynamically
> take data from the API of a search engine and display it, also I need
> to display some data directly from internet like a person's blog. For
> this application I don't need a database. Should I still use Ruby on
> Rails as it uses database and it will be redundant for my application?
> Is there any other alternative which I can use?

You can certainly do that - I have a few small databaseless
applications written in rails.

Fred
A09e58c4e8874799887804fe780cb123?d=identicon&s=25 mehta.rulz@gmail.com (Guest)
Thanks Fred.