Forum: GNU Radio Dead USRP box?

A16a14fc32c0d269bb6211c36ded4eb0?d=identicon&s=25 Bob Cameron (Guest)
G'day Bob,

this is exactly what happened to my USRP board. The board seems
operational
except it won't communicate. I've ordered the FX2 chip from DigiKey as I
believe it to be faulty. Digikey actually managed to sent me the wrong
part,
a RAM chip, inside an otherwise correctly labled package. The hopefully
correct part is on its way, so it shouldn't be long until we know if it
fixed
the problem.

It just begs the question, what causes this chip to fail? As described
by Bob,
it was left off for several month and failed on subsequent power up.

Seasons Greetings,

cheerio Berndt
A16a14fc32c0d269bb6211c36ded4eb0?d=identicon&s=25 Bob Cameron (Guest)
G'day Bob,

yes, the LED is blinking. I'm pretty sure its the USB interface that
died inside the chip. I just can't explain why as all I did was to
power-up the unit after a few month being left switched-off.

Power supply voltage and current draw all look fine. Will keep you
posted once I changed-over the FX2 chip.

Seasons Greetings,

Berndt

-----Urspr√ɬľngliche Nachricht-----