Forum: Ruby on Rails breaking rails' module naming convention

A591b75d465d8366bbd161c437f6f3af?d=identicon&s=25 mo fire (liseki)
on 2008-12-19 12:33
Hey people,

The module ActiveRecord::ConnectionAdapters::PostgreSQLAdapter lives in
the file '..../connection_adapters/postgresql_adapter.rb'. As such it
breaks the module naming convention. I would like to do something like
that with a plugin. In my init.rb file I would like to say
PostgreSQlAdapter which is in a file named postgresql_adapter.rb. How do
I do this? Of course I could change the name a bit to fit the convention
but I prefer concise elegance. Thanks.
On 19 Dec 2008, at 11:33, mo fire wrote:

> I do this? Of course I could change the name a bit to fit the
> convention
> but I prefer concise elegance. Thanks.

You can call things whatever the hell you want and put them where you
want. However if you do that you will need to require the files
explicitly rather than relying on rails finding and loading the file
for you.

Fred
A591b75d465d8366bbd161c437f6f3af?d=identicon&s=25 mo fire (liseki)
on 2008-12-19 13:02
Thanks Fred. I guess I was just wandering whether there was a way to
feed the plugin loader a hash mapping or something. In the plugin I'm
Thanks.