Forum: Mongrel feature request: output well in windows

I realize not many people will benefit from this, but it would be nice
if mongrel_rails, in development mode, output the tail of its log "with"
color output on windows.
Currently it outputs it with the Linux style coloration marking which is
somewhat confusing.
Thanks!
-=R
E7cff3cfd41c495e1012227d7dc24202?d=identicon&s=25 Luis Lavena (luislavena)
On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 9:04 AM, Roger Pack <lists@ruby-forum.com>
wrote:
> I realize not many people will benefit from this, but it would be nice
> if mongrel_rails, in development mode, output the tail of its log "with"
> color output on windows.
> Currently it outputs it with the Linux style coloration marking which is
> somewhat confusing.

Is not possible.

For that mongrel will require to depend on win32console to capture
ANSI coloring and output colored strings.

ANSI coloring differs from Windows coloring since Windows allow page
locks and memory buffers to be updated. In that front, ANSI is dumb.

If you want color highlight use tail from msys ;-)

Anyway, now I realize it better, mongrel_rails doesn't output with
colors, the one that outputs is Rails to log/development.log.

Regards,
--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17
> Is not possible.
>
> For that mongrel will require to depend on win32console to capture
> ANSI coloring and output colored strings.

Interesting.  Thanks for the info :)
-=R