Forum: Rails I18n About Globalize3 Translations Data Adding.

B641ba9f25e3ed00298d7643d89757e8?d=identicon&s=25 Rtdp (Guest)
Hello,

I have i18n gem and tolk running for static content translations.

Also for database translations i am using Globalize3, but is there any
plugin or gem which can work with globalize3 for adding translations
to database, like tolk is doing for .yml files ?

It would great help if you suggest or direct to any link. Googling
around for this, but couldn't find anything good yet.
B74644db03ee70d45b81bd775956d252?d=identicon&s=25 Eugen Ciur (eugen)
on 2011-05-19 16:12
> but is there any
> plugin or gem which can work with globalize3 for adding translations
> to database, like tolk is doing for .yml files ?

What you mean  'adding translations to database', your question isn't
very clear, as globalize already works with database; can you please be
more specific with your question ?

----
http://blog.eugen.co
B641ba9f25e3ed00298d7643d89757e8?d=identicon&s=25 ratnadeepdeshmane@gmail.com (Guest)
Ok.. let me give an example.

I have Category model. This model now have name and description fields.

As this Category model was already present while installing globalize3,
used :migrate_date to true which also worked fine.

But now my problem is, I want to have a admin front end to add
translations
in many languages for this Category model. I would be adding
translations
for 3-4 languages. I search a bit and found tolk engine, which created
different .yml files for locales.

So is there any plugin or engine which can be used from admin side to
add
translations for each row of Category model.

Thanks.

--
Ratnadeep Deshmane.
http://rtdptech.com

--
http://blog.eugen.co
B641ba9f25e3ed00298d7643d89757e8?d=identicon&s=25 ratnadeepdeshmane@gmail.com (Guest)
Thanks Eugen.

Still, is there any other way to save in, say en-US local without
defining
I18n.locate = "en-US" ?

Just finding a way to save these translations from a form where local
can
also be sent as a just a param.

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 10:33 PM, Eugen Ciur <lists@ruby-forum.com>
wrote: