Forum: Ruby-Gnome 2 Gstreamer - where did get_by_name go?

3a58bc7aefaa7a7b07d6311396a35e05?d=identicon&s=25 Bjørn Arild Mæland (Guest)

I'm trying to develop a simple audio player using Gstreamer, but I'm not
sure how I can adjust the volume during playback. I've linked the volume
element in the pipeline, and it works if i use #set_volume before the
playback starts. However, to adjust the volume during playback, I
_think_ I
need to use pipeline.get_by_name to get access to the volume element.
This
functionality was present before, there's old tests for it in the
"tests"
directory (i.e tc_xml.rb). Does anyone know how I can achieve this?

Regards,
Bjørn Arild Mæland

In <866e16220812181257p3eeff96cq6e75c8510090d479@mail.gmail.com>
  "[ruby-gnome2-devel-en] Gstreamer - where did get_by_name go?" on Thu,
18 Dec 2008 21:57:41 +0100,
  "Bjørn_Arild_Mæland" <bjorn.maeland@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to develop a simple audio player using Gstreamer, but I'm not sure
> how I can adjust the volume during playback. I've linked the volume element in
> the pipeline, and it works if i use #set_volume before the playback starts.
> However, to adjust the volume during playback, I _think_ I need to use
> pipeline.get_by_name to get access to the volume element. This functionality
> was present before, there's old tests for it in the "tests" directory (i.e
> tc_xml.rb). Does anyone know how I can achieve this?

Use Gst::Bin#get_child. It accepts String as child name to
be found.

kou