Forum: Ruby on Rails Regarding Hosting at Godaddy

7694e527192e45b73b95f2ca41034463?d=identicon&s=25 Cyrus Dev (cyrusdev)
on 2008-12-18 06:17
Hello all

anyone know how to setup rails application on Godaddy shared linux
server.. ?

I uploaded site but still my site is not appearing on preview dns server

anyone has idea abt this. ?
C4bfcc81ac9281cb905f38e97e4d4e0b?d=identicon&s=25 Shandy Nantz (snantz)
on 2008-12-18 15:59
Cyrus Dev wrote:
> Hello all
>
> anyone know how to setup rails application on Godaddy shared linux
> server.. ?
>
> I uploaded site but still my site is not appearing on preview dns server
>
> anyone has idea abt this. ?

I tried to get my rails site up and running on GoDaddy about a year and
to make a long story short, it never happened. My advice to you is go
somewhere else, GoDaddy knows nothing about RoR and their customer
service support basically told me that I was SOL. I ended going to
ASmallOrange (http://www.asmallorange.com/) and they set up my site and
configured for me with no extra chanrge. Unless things have change
drametically in the last year - which I don't imagine they have - you
will never be able to get your site running using GoDaddy.

-S
00e8233b7817ac14040f7928e6d4b889?d=identicon&s=25 John Yerhot (Guest)
Don't do it.  I tried last month and wasted almost the whole day with
it.  They haven't updated Rails or their other Gems since 2006.