Forum: RSpec Testing email w/ cucumber

Ff937b6907db49432c980f2b6a5c7e71?d=identicon&s=25 Mischa Fierer (mischa)
Dear all,

Wanted to let people know  that Ben Mabey has an excellent little plugin
here: http://github.com/bmabey/email-spec/tree/master

For testing e-mail.

Aaron Gibralter made some additions as well here:
http://github.com/agibralter/email-spec/tree/master

I made some further changes here:
http://github.com/mischa/email-spec/tree/master

With my current version, you can do stories like below. Obviously you
wouldn't use all of those steps, but I wanted to show what is possible.

   Scenario: A new person signs up
      Given I am at "/"
      And a clear email queue
      When I fill in "Email" with "quentin@example.com"
      And I fill in "Password" with "monkey"
      And I fill in "Password confirmation" with "monkey"
      And I press "Sign up"
      Then "quentin@example.com" should receive 1 email
      And "quentin@example.com" should have 1 email
      And "foo@bar.com" should not receive an email
      When I open the email
      Then I should see "confirm" in the email
      And I should see "Account confirmation" in the subject
      When I follow "confirm" in the email
      Then I should see "Confirm your new account"

Best,

C694a032be7518a0d704318895f8fe1d?d=identicon&s=25 Ben Mabey (mabes)
Mischa Fierer wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Wanted to let people know  that Ben Mabey has an excellent little
> plugin here: http://github.com/bmabey/email-spec/tree/master
Thanks!

> For testing e-mail.
>
> Aaron Gibralter made some additions as well here:
> http://github.com/agibralter/email-spec/tree/master
>
> I made some further changes here:
> http://github.com/mischa/email-spec/tree/master

Wow, github rocks!  I just threw that up there so for Aaron to see since
it was slightly too big for a pastie/gist.. And now their are two forks
of it!
I'll pull from both of you guys now, thanks for sharing.

-Ben
On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 5:37 AM, Ben Mabey <ben@benmabey.com> wrote:

>> For testing e-mail.
> I'll pull from both of you guys now, thanks for sharing.

I stuck it on the Cucumber tools page:
http://github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/wikis/related-tools

Thanks!

Aslak