Forum: Ruby on Rails Buttons with different actions... for a single form

Ed3050ec0a96c03ef1304e7ad1ff46fb?d=identicon&s=25 The Neurochild (Guest)
Hello...

I have a form with 3 buttons, each with a different functionality
concerning to forum user information. Once it's shown in the form, you
can:

* Modify your information
* Print your info (via Prawn)
* Delete the user

But I only have one form, and I need every button to do a different
action. Can you please help me find something to make it work?

Greetings

The Neurochild
On Dec 16, 2008, at 4:13 PM, The Neurochild wrote:
> But I only have one form, and I need every button to do a different
> action. Can you please help me find something to make it work?
>
> Greetings
>
> The Neurochild

The first one is clearly a submit button, but the other two could be
link_to_function, button_to_function, link_to_remote, or
button_to_remote.  Those wouldn't be 'in' the form.  (Actually, the
Delete the User could be a
   link_to('Delete', user_path(@user), :method => :delete,
           :confirm => "Really delete #{@user.name}?\n(There is no
undo!)")
or similar.)

You can get the name of the submit input activated, too, if you need
to make a choice about what happens next.  (I.e., "Complete Order" or
"Change Shipping Address")

-Rob

Rob@AgileConsultingLLC.com
Ed3050ec0a96c03ef1304e7ad1ff46fb?d=identicon&s=25 The Neurochild (Guest)
I forgot to tell you it has to use elements of the form. The delete
user could be separated from the form, but the Prawn (PDF) button
functionality must have all the values of the form when something is
modified. It has to be in the form is there a button_to-like function
inside the form?

Greetings...

The Neurochild
97f7778bd994b7e4c5ad025be0640bde?d=identicon&s=25 Andrius Chamentauskas (Guest)
Can't you just refetch user info from the database?