Forum: GNU Radio Libusb-0.x is now legacy software

9c2ab60bcd7045e9acc36aa8074a3336?d=identicon&s=25 Philip Balister (Guest)
The libusb developers are encouraging people to start moving to
ibusb-1.0.

http://libusb.wiki.sourceforge.net/

This matters to GNU radio because the USRP code has dependencies on an
internal structure in libusb-0.12. In OpenEmbedded, we are building
Angstrom with libusb-1.0 which is how I noticed. I had tried hacking
around this without success. It is easy enough for me to switch back
to libusb-0.12.

Anyway, this won't be a real issue until popular distros start
switching, I just wanted to warn people that when the switch occurs,
the USRP build will break.

Philip
On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 12:32 PM, Philip Balister
<philip.balister@gmail.com> wrote:

> This matters to GNU radio because the USRP code has dependencies on an
> internal structure in libusb-0.12. In OpenEmbedded, we are building
> Angstrom with libusb-1.0 which is how I noticed. I had tried hacking
> around this without success. It is easy enough for me to switch back
> to libusb-0.12.

Thanks for the heads up.  Did you trying using the libusb-compat-0.1.0
library?

-Johnathan
01620975128a3bdeb4203df67f319a86?d=identicon&s=25 Eric Brombaugh (Guest)
Philip Balister wrote:
> The libusb developers are encouraging people to start moving to ibusb-1.0.
>
> http://libusb.wiki.sourceforge.net/
>
> This matters to GNU radio because the USRP code has dependencies on an
> internal structure in libusb-0.12. In OpenEmbedded, we are building
> Angstrom with libusb-1.0 which is how I noticed. I had tried hacking
> around this without success. It is easy enough for me to switch back
> to libusb-0.12.

Have you tried using libusb-compat-0.1 instead of falling back?

Eric