Forum: Ruby Is there any IDE for WATIR development?

Ca92da6fbc335a37a1754242caa1c509?d=identicon&s=25 Narendra Gollapilli (narendra)

Is there any IDE existed for watir development and please suggest me
that which will make easier my life regards to watir development.

Thanks,
Narendra.
7864d809993744583d15b0f0a2f8dded?d=identicon&s=25 Marius Žilėnas (kronidas)
on 2008-12-16 06:54
Narendra Gollapilli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any IDE existed for watir development and please suggest me
> that which will make easier my life regards to watir development.
>
> Thanks,
> Narendra.

AIFAIK there is no IDE for Watir.
Narendra Gollapilli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any IDE existed for watir development and please suggest me
> that which will make easier my life regards to watir development.
>
> Thanks,
> Narendra.

AFAIK there is no IDE for Watir.
Ca92da6fbc335a37a1754242caa1c509?d=identicon&s=25 Narendra Gollapilli (narendra)
on 2008-12-16 06:55
Marius Žilėnas wrote:
> Narendra Gollapilli wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there any IDE existed for watir development and please suggest me
>> that which will make easier my life regards to watir development.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Narendra.
>
> AFAIK there is no IDE for Watir.

ThankYou :)
9dec3df8319c613f6f4f14a27da0fdb4?d=identicon&s=25 Kyle Schmitt (Guest)
On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 11:31 PM, Narendra Gollapilli
<narendra.gollapilli@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any IDE existed for watir development and please suggest me
> that which will make easier my life regards to watir development.
>
> Thanks,
> Narendra.
> --
Like others have said, there is no IDE for WATiR, _but_, you should
still use an IDE, or IDE-like editor.  It will save you a ton of
headache.

When I used to do this for work I used Eclipse, but later moved
NetBeans, which I find superior.  For smaller projects scite works
pretty well.  Remember if you use NetBeans+WATiR you want to select
the native ruby interpreter, not jruby!

--Kyle
Ca92da6fbc335a37a1754242caa1c509?d=identicon&s=25 Narendra Gollapilli (narendra)
on 2008-12-16 11:02
Kyle Schmitt wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 11:31 PM, Narendra Gollapilli
> <narendra.gollapilli@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there any IDE existed for watir development and please suggest me
>> that which will make easier my life regards to watir development.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Narendra.
>> --
> Like others have said, there is no IDE for WATiR, _but_, you should
> still use an IDE, or IDE-like editor.  It will save you a ton of
> headache.
>
> When I used to do this for work I used Eclipse, but later moved
> NetBeans, which I find superior.  For smaller projects scite works
> pretty well.  Remember if you use NetBeans+WATiR you want to select
> the native ruby interpreter, not jruby!
>
> --Kyle

Thanks Kyle,

Its very useful thanks again :)
01a68e65c05c8751d75dbf957ea4fa23?d=identicon&s=25 Zhimin Zhan (zzhan)
on 2009-01-02 00:50
Hi Narendra,

> Is there any IDE existed for watir development and please suggest me
> that which will make easier my life regards to watir development.

I am using iTest2 (http://itest2.com/), which has a basic IDE
(features: http://redmine.agileway.net/wiki/itest2/ITest_features) and
recorder (Firefox plugin).

The test script is using rWebUnit (extension of Watir, can call most of
Watir methods directly) with RSpec syntax. The recorder records rWebUnit
and Watir test scripts.

(disclaimer: I wrote iTest2, I'm biased).

Cheers,
Zhimin
Zhimin Zhan wrote:
> Watir methods directly) with RSpec syntax. The recorder records rWebUnit
> and Watir test scripts.
>
> (disclaimer: I wrote iTest2, I'm biased).
>
> Cheers,
> Zhimin

It does look interesting. I couldn't find the source code, though --
just a Windows installer. Is there a source repository available for us
Linux people?

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, FBG, AB, PTA, PGS, MS, MNLP, NST, ACMC(P), WOM

01a68e65c05c8751d75dbf957ea4fa23?d=identicon&s=25 Zhimin Zhan (zzhan)
on 2009-01-04 04:06
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

> It does look interesting. I couldn't find the source code, though --
> just a Windows installer. Is there a source repository available for us
> Linux people?

Thanks for the interests. At this point of time, we can only provide the
windows installer, iTest2 does work on Mac and Linux platforms though.

rWebUnit git repository is at
http://github.com/zhimin/rwebunit/tree/master

Zhimin
68db3bafb0a990bf605c4cf62bf85db0?d=identicon&s=25 Bret Pettichord (Guest)
Zhimin,

This looks interesting. I was unable to navigate the link you provided
for
the features. It is asking me for a password.

Bret
01a68e65c05c8751d75dbf957ea4fa23?d=identicon&s=25 Zhimin Zhan (zzhan)
on 2009-01-26 23:30
Hi Bret,

Bret Pettichord wrote:
> I was unable to navigate the link you provided for the features.

The link is now fixed,
http://redmine.agileway.net/wiki/itest2/ITest_features

> This looks interesting.

The goal of iTest2 (is to make it easier for testers, end users,
analysts, managers and developers access to and be productive on your
wonderful testing framework: Watir. Thanks!

It is extremely light on documentation at the moment.

Regards,
Zhimin

zhimin@agileway.com.au
http://www.itest2.com