Forum: Ruby on Rails Fukuoka Ruby Award--about $10,000 for first prize

A7f5e9d99ee3833a1bc6c5e838aaadde?d=identicon&s=25 Fukuoka (Guest)
I am working with the Government of Fukuoka, Japan to get the word out
about the Fukuoka Ruby Award to Ruby developers in the US.  It is free
to apply for this award.  The top prize is about $10,000.  Deadline is
December 25, so there is not much time, but the application is fairly
simple for developers who have existing projects. Here are the
details:

Fukuoka Ruby Award
http://www.ruby-award.jp/english.html

Matz's posting about the award is here:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/172192
29a0b45cdf0e6b8b93d520e5105bf4ce?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Kahle (geopoliticus)
on 2008-12-16 04:00
By no means have I learned enough Ruby ninjutsu to dream of entering a
Ruby competition.  That said, what does this mean?

From the link:
=begin
Eligibility
Type B is for activities for prevalence.
Specify URL to confirm for operation check in the first selection except
the case of activities for prevalence which haven’t actuating system.
=end

Huh?  What does this even mean?
9a2a53db8e9b4476038c94a64b32833f?d=identicon&s=25 Ryan Bigg (ryan-bigg)
It's Engrish, obviously. I'm sure their Japanese skills are better.
-----
Ryan Bigg
Freelancer
http://frozenplague.net
F2d6c742a86c801856006fae167ba1f2?d=identicon&s=25 Steven Budrys (Guest)
On Dec 15, 2008, at 9:00 PM, Michael Kahle wrote:

> Specify URL to confirm for operation check in the first selection
> except
> the case of activities for prevalence which haven’t actuating system.
> =end
>
> Huh?  What does this even mean?

 From the website I take it to mean there is a category for a business
or enterprise which depends in a large part on Ruby, and also a
category for activity which has increased the prevalence of Ruby.