Forum: GNU Radio M-Blocks

D9b2772a9387f5dbe010dbc0c3a93f8d?d=identicon&s=25 Douglas Geiger (Guest)
There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of documentation on M-Blocks. The
main bits I've found so far are the wiki page, and of course looking
through the source.

A couple of questions:  on M-block support for the USRP2: I've seen a
couple comments that this is/should be available, but I'm not clear on
how this is to be done. With the usrp this relied on the usrp_server
code - is there a similar server for the usrp2?

Doug

--
Doug Geiger
Research Assistant
<doug.geiger@bioradiation.net> wrote:

> A couple of questions:  on M-block support for the USRP2: I've seen a
> couple comments that this is/should be available, but I'm not clear on
> how this is to be done. With the usrp this relied on the usrp_server
> code - is there a similar server for the usrp2?

There is not mblock support for the USRP2 right now, though the
ability to send and receive at particular times exists in the
low-level libusrp2 interface.

We are in the middle of deciding the future direction of the mblock
library (see the list archives for several recent emails where I've
elaborated on this), so until we close on that issue, we'll hold off
on doing development that we might need to rewrite later.

-Johnathan