Forum: GNU Radio generate a singe gauss signal

8cc3398651ba824dc6086010da0d8a20?d=identicon&s=25 slimchao (Guest)

At the moment I would like to see if I can generate a singe gauss
signal.
Looking through what gnuradio blocks are available. I was wondering
firstly
if it would be possible, and secondly, how this block works and behaves
when
it's running.

Regards

Slimchao

> At the moment I would like to see if I can generate a singe gauss signal.

It's not clear what you want to accomplish here.  Can you elaborate on
the waveform you want to create?

-Johnathan
8cc3398651ba824dc6086010da0d8a20?d=identicon&s=25 slimchao (Guest)
Hi Johnathan,

thank you for your reply.

i want to gnerate a single gauss signal as a source signal and want to
know
what signal block can be selected. Another question is that how to
synchronise the receiver und sender.

ps:i use LFTX and LFRX-daughterboard.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

slimchao

> i want to gnerate a single gauss signal as a source signal and want to know
> what signal block can be selected. Another question is that how to
> synchronise the receiver und sender.
>
> ps:i use LFTX and LFRX-daughterboard.

Your follow-up answer did not provide any more information than your
original email did; I still don't know what a "single gauss signal"
is.

If you are referring to a Gaussian mono-pulse RF waveform, then this
really isn't possible with the USRP, except for pulse widths on the
order of several hundreds of nanoseconds at minimum.  With custom FPGA
programming you could transmit impulses a few tens of nanoseconds
wide.  Neither of these options would give you anything truly
"Gaussian" shaped.

-Johnathan