Forum: GNU Radio sending ack back to sender upon receiving of data bits transmitted

0a2e71854bb218131012ec9764eb33dd?d=identicon&s=25 Joreen Tan (Guest)

I have managed to send and receive data using benchmark_tx.py and
benchmark_rx.py. To add on to it, is it possible to add acknowledgement
so that once the receiver has finished receiving, it is able to send an
ack back to the sender? I really needed help desperately. Any help will
be greatly appreciated as after several months of exploring gnuradio, i
am still unable to write any code.

Thank you so much!Regards,Joreen
On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 9:22 PM, Joreen Tan <joreen_eg@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I have managed to send and receive data using benchmark_tx.py and
> benchmark_rx.py. To add on to it, is it possible to add acknowledgement so
> that once the receiver has finished receiving, it is able to send an ack
> back to the sender? I really needed help desperately. Any help will be
> greatly appreciated as after several months of exploring gnuradio, i am
> still unable to write any code.

What you are describing is higher layer functionality best suited for
implementation outside the GNU Radio flowgraph.

The digital packet handling framework either accepts a payload of data
for transmission, or accumulate received payloads into a message queue
that you can query.

The easiest way to do what you want is to leave the flowgraph running
at all times, and create your own thread in Python to query to receive
message queue, assemble your ACK payload, and drop it into the
transmit side.

-Johnathan