Forum: Ruby Starting a Shoes application

Da33a4ac652c1c8900392a8599206640?d=identicon&s=25 Thomas B. (tpreal)
on 2008-12-13 19:30
Hello there. I'm starting playing with Shoes (http://shoooes.net/) and
I'm having a bit of a problem with understanding how a program is
executed.

All the program advertised there look just like: Shoes.app{}, but you
cannot run such program just like that. You have to run shoes.exe from
the system prompt and pass the script file as a parameter.

Now, is there a way to start a Shoes application from Ruby? I mean, to
do something like: require 'shoes'; Shoes.app{}, and simply run this as
a Ruby program? I cannot find any information about that.

Apart from this, is there something like a custom Shoes startup script?
For instance, I have by own directory with include files and I keep the
path in RUBYLIB environment variable. But it is not added to the $: if I
run a Shoes app. I'd like to make a script that would add the directory
to the load path each time I run a Shoes app. Or is there a better way
to do it?

Thanks for help.
T.
B2c423f6012db5c2abe55f3c18a18f8d?d=identicon&s=25 Dim An (dimanhsb)
on 2009-03-27 11:43
Having the same problem here, so I thought I'd raise it. Is this normal
behavior, or some kind of problem with my Vista x64 installation?