Forum: GNU Radio USRP enclosures / batteries

196c55d4c9a378e23f0b89482711c17e?d=identicon&s=25 Bob Keyes (bobk)
Hello all,
My USRP currently resides in a cardboard box. Far from what it deserves.
I am looking for an inexpensive solution for an enclosure. It should be
plastic or some metal with rounded corners, small and light, yet robust
- so the USRP can be portable. And if it is to be truely portable, I
need to look at batteries, chargers, and the enclosure for those as
well. Does anyone have any advice?
Ac73d95c8ccddff9ecae369bcb80a923?d=identicon&s=25 George Nychis (Guest)
Bob Keyes wrote:
> Hello all, My USRP currently resides in a cardboard box. Far from
> what it deserves. I am looking for an inexpensive solution for an
> enclosure. It should be plastic or some metal with rounded corners,
> small and light, yet robust - so the USRP can be portable. And if it
> is to be truely portable, I need to look at batteries, chargers, and
> the enclosure for those as well. Does anyone have any advice?

Matt sells USRP enclosures:
http://www.kd7lmo.net/images/gnuradio_usrp.jpg

They are full metal, but it is mounted nicely inside.  He keeps them off
of the sales page because people accidentally order them with new USRPs
when they already come with them.  So you will have to contact him
directly.

- George