Forum: Ruby on Rails auto_complete with no of occurance

87303c28b23af9aa69831b6bd156fdb0?d=identicon&s=25 Ruhul Amin (tuhin_cse99)
   I have implemented auto complete text box by using auto_complete
plugins in rails 2 application.
   Can I show the number of occurence of the text those display in the
   list drived by auto_complete pugin?
   just like google.
   as example if I type "a" then it will show the list starting by "a"
with the
   number of those text presence in the field of DB table.
   Any idea will be great appreciable.

   thanks in advace.
453493fcee22adbf3c46ac793a346ef5?d=identicon&s=25 Nike Mike (nike)
on 2008-12-11 06:54
Ruhul Amin wrote:
> Hi,
>    I have implemented auto complete text box by using auto_complete
> plugins in rails 2 application.
>    Can I show the number of occurence of the text those display in the
>    list drived by auto_complete pugin?
>    just like google.
>    as example if I type "a" then it will show the list starting by "a"
> with the
>    number of those text presence in the field of DB table.
>    Any idea will be great appreciable.
>
>    thanks in advace.

use autocomplete js
Nike Mike wrote:
> use autocomplete js

Hi Mike,
          Thanks for your reply. I have googled for the
autocomplete.js.But the
  resultant items have no functionality that I am searching for( except
Yahoo! UI Library>autocomplete>AutoComplete.js, I haven't tried it).

 I have already used auto_complete plugin for auto complete list drive.
But it do not show the number how many times the text
is present in DB table.
 as example..
       while type "a"
       It should show:
                      apple       10
                      angel       5
                      axe         30
 Can I make clear? Please have a look in the attachment.Sorry for my
poor description.
 Please.....
 Thanks in advance.
 Amin
453493fcee22adbf3c46ac793a346ef5?d=identicon&s=25 Nike Mike (nike)
on 2008-12-12 05:57
just follow this for auto complete

http://genlinux.blogspot.com/2008/07/prototype-ui-...