Forum: Rails deployment which download should i use?

40f64c8d2805f4006795353b68b42fb6?d=identicon&s=25 Dave Pursey (4pbears)
on 2008-12-10 19:03
in the next couple of days i am going to download and install both ruby
and rails and was wondering if i should use "instant raila" or the "one
click installer? i just want to make sure i get everything i need to use
them. i have ordered the book simply rails 2 and it suggests using
instant rails rather than the one click installer.

                                                  Thanks.

                                                  Dave.
4375b4aca04b8d72482fd409fb6d0b47?d=identicon&s=25 Roderick van Domburg (roderickvd)
on 2008-12-13 16:28
Dave Pursey wrote:
> in the next couple of days i am going to download and install both ruby
> and rails and was wondering if i should use "instant raila" or the "one
> click installer? i just want to make sure i get everything i need to use
> them. i have ordered the book simply rails 2 and it suggests using
> instant rails rather than the one click installer.

With Instant Rails you get a full stack to start developing Rails
including MySQL I believe. The One Click Installer is just Ruby - you'll
need to set up the rest yourself. If you're a beginner and the book
favors Instant Rails, then by all means go for that.

--
Roderick van Domburg
http://www.nedforce.com