Forum: JRuby Dose jruby conflict with other dynamic language on JVM?

40d0f128ef69dfaf1c43e2c09ceb0bd0?d=identicon&s=25 swung (Guest)
Hi guru,
I am trying to use jruby in my project now. It seems that jruby does not
work with other dynamic language on JVM, for example, jython.

My story is to use jruby to setup a testing environment. It contains
Weblogic as app server. Everything is fine until costuming WLS domain.
The
whole logic is drive by ant script. And WLST (WebLogic Scripting Tool) ,
which is in jyphon, is embedded to custom the domain. When I run my ruby
script by jruby, the process always hangs in updateDomain which is a
WLST
method. When to run the same script by MRI, it works fine.

Maybe, my description is to brief to find the solution. What I really
want
to know is whether jruby team has test on those matters? Is it a known
issue?
swung wrote:
> is a WLST method. When to run the same script by MRI, it works fine.
>
> Maybe, my description is to brief to find the solution. What I really
> want to know is whether jruby team has test on those matters? Is it a
> known issue?

It would certainly depend on what version of JRuby you are using. There
have been various threading issues fixed over the past year, including
some in 1.1.5 that have only been released in 1.1.6RC1 so far. Can you
give us more information about your environment?

- Charlie

Hi Charlie,

My environment:JRuby - 1.1.5
JDK - 1.6
Weblogic - 10.3

I will have a try to use 1.1.6RC1. Thanks a lot!
40d0f128ef69dfaf1c43e2c09ceb0bd0?d=identicon&s=25 swung (Guest)
1.1.6RC1 has the same issue.
swung wrote:
> 1.1.6RC1 has the same issue.

Ok, file a bug please with a reproducible test case :)

- Charlie