Forum: Ruby on Rails PHP Developer Job Opportunity

5bcbb0a7fa50459598fea97828717b9c?d=identicon&s=25 Heather Sepulveda (heathers)
on 2008-12-08 19:08
PHP Developer
Capital Thought, a growing technology and consulting firm, is ready to
hire an experienced and talented PHP Developer who is equally passionate
about Ruby on Rails and other cutting edge languages and frameworks.
This person will take over responsibility for development and
maintenance of our sports media social marketing tool called
BuzzManager, which over time will transition over to Ruby on Rails.
Key Requirements we'd like to see in the ideal candidate:
•  You can demonstrate expertise in writing high-quality object-oriented
enterprise-grade applications primarily in PHP/MySQL
•  You can demonstrate understanding and comprehension of design
patterns and algorithms
•  You’d like to get your hands dirty with Ruby on Rails
•  You have UNIX/Linux and Windows working knowledge
•  You are a motivated, self starter who can work as a team and
autonomously
•  You are open to learning, are adaptable and are a master at
multitasking
Things for you to consider:
•  Opportunity to work with smart, fun and fast-moving team
•  Do what you love and are passionate about
•  If you like sports, this is just a really cool opportunity to blend
technology and sports in a job that actually pays you really well!
•  Cool downtown office
 If you think this could be a good match, please email your resume over
to our recruiting team: 51401@americanworkforce.jobs
9a2a53db8e9b4476038c94a64b32833f?d=identicon&s=25 Ryan Bigg (ryan-bigg)
Advertising a php job on rubyonrails-talk? Funny!
> enterprise-grade applications primarily in PHP/MySQL
> •  Do what you love and are passionate about
> •  If you like sports, this is just a really cool opportunity to blend
> technology and sports in a job that actually pays you really well!
> •  Cool downtown office
>  If you think this could be a good match, please email your resume over
> to our recruiting team: 51401@americanworkforce.jobs
> --

Appreciated my help?
Recommend me on Working With Rails
http://workingwithrails.com/person/11030-ryan-bigg
Ad97d898eefbb44ba50c07ee8554781b?d=identicon&s=25 Richard Mcintyre (mackstar)

I am very much interested in the following opportunity, where is the
position based?

Many thanks

Richard

On Dec 9, 3:08 am, Heather Sepulveda <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-
C4bfcc81ac9281cb905f38e97e4d4e0b?d=identicon&s=25 Shandy Nantz (snantz)
on 2008-12-09 16:17
Ryan Bigg wrote:
> Advertising a php job on rubyonrails-talk? Funny!

>>PHP Developer who is equally passionate
>>about Ruby on Rails and other cutting edge languages and frameworks.
83ca41657a99b65d99889abe712ba5e2?d=identicon&s=25 Jason Roelofs (Guest)
> •  You'd like to get your hands dirty with Ruby on Rails

Um, that means what?

The main job is still for PHP, thus doesn't really belong here.

Jason
2d8132658d56e51f19ace1c68e48b6aa?d=identicon&s=25 Thorsten Mueller (thorsten)
On Dec 9, 5:05 pm, "Jason Roelofs" <jameskil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > •  You'd like to get your hands dirty with Ruby on Rails
>
> Um, that means what?
>
> The main job is still for PHP, thus doesn't really belong here.
>
> Jason

> * which over time will transition over to Ruby on Rails

so it depends on how fast you work ;-)