Forum: Ruby Javascript book

A4d90c6fe98bfe0b491c277c3e687031?d=identicon&s=25 Jon Stenqvist (jnstq)

I'm looking for a javascript book, in the same quality as dave thomas
programming ruby.

Thanks
Jon
F065301eb65a5d0da8edcb8de9d5e28e?d=identicon&s=25 Tim Greer (Guest)
Jon Stenqvist wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a javascript book, in the same quality as dave thomas
> programming ruby.
>
> Thanks
> Jon

Probably something by O'Reilly is a good bet, or Addison Wesley, or P.H.

For the best answers, comp.lang.javascript is that way ->
8666d1ebabcea440585dfe831a4af9f1?d=identicon&s=25 Brian Adkins (Guest)
Tim Greer <tim@burlyhost.com> writes:

> Probably something by O'Reilly is a good bet, or Addison Wesley, or P.H.
>
> For the best answers, comp.lang.javascript is that way ->

Yeah, but don't be surprised if the answer on comp.lang.javascript is
"all JavaScript books suck" or something to that effect.

Asking about JavaScript books on comp.lang.javascript isn't that bad,
but make sure you don't ask them about JavaScript frameworks such as
jQuery, Prototype, etc. :)

I've found the "Rhino" book "JavaScript the Definititve Guide" to be
ok, and Douglas Crockford has one out that I haven't read, but I
expect would be pretty good.
0dcf01665d3c48daf4d01eada4ee0c04?d=identicon&s=25 kib2 (Guest)
I really appreciated this one : Eloquent JavaScript
You'll find it here :

http://eloquentjavascript.net/index.html

Cheers.