Forum: JRuby Jruby class implementing an interface not matching method paramater signature.

6e8fd6f5d82f552a3eac2dbff46129ce?d=identicon&s=25 Krishna Krishnamaneni (Guest)
I am implementing an interface from lucene here¹s the code:
  class Distance
      include org.apache.lucene.search.SortComparatorSource
     #methods from the interface implemented here....
   end
   I am passing the instance of this to a method, but its complaining
that :
NameError: no search with arguments matching [class
org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery, class org.jruby.RubyNil, class
org.jruby.RubyFixnum, class org.jruby.RubyObject] on object
#<Java::OrgApacheLuceneSearch::IndexSearcher:0x1e229be
@java_object=org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher@24ff5d3f>

 4th argument is the instance of class Distance. I know its the 4th
argument
that its not matching since I tried passing java instance which
implements
SortComparatorSource  and it succeeded.

 Thank you,
Krishna.
Krishna Krishnamaneni wrote:
> org.jruby.RubyFixnum, class org.jruby.RubyObject] on object
> #<Java::OrgApacheLuceneSearch::IndexSearcher:0x1e229be
> @java_object=org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher@24ff5d3f>
>

>  4th argument is the instance of class Distance. I know its the 4th
> argument that its not matching since I tried passing java instance which
> implements SortComparatorSource  and it succeeded.

Check against 1.1.6RC1...if it's still broken, file a bug please :)

- Charlie

Oops! My bad. I was looking at the older lucene documentation and using
the
newer API. :)