Forum: Ruby on Rails ubiquity-rdoc, better rdoc searching

31b74dfda914271fa4a30c2296d9ca30?d=identicon&s=25 Cipriani (Guest)
Hi everyone,

I wrote a set of Mozilla Ubiquity commands that allow the user to
search on rdocs, also featuring autocomplete, load of any rdoc hosted
on the web and changing the default rdoc when searching.

The project is hosted here: http://projects.talleye.com/ubiquity-rdoc

and GitHub.

Please, let me know any bug, suggestion, etc

Luis Cipriani
WebCo Internet
brasigo.com.br
Fe5660da5930df2d7b34b6066c2d16bb?d=identicon&s=25 Jens Wille (jwille)
hi luis!

Cipriani [2008-12-04 14:31]:
> I wrote a set of Mozilla Ubiquity commands that allow the user to
> search on rdocs, also featuring autocomplete, load of any rdoc
> hosted on the web and changing the default rdoc when searching.
wow, awesome! now i know how much i missed that :-)

maybe we could extend it a bit to jump directly to a specific
method? say 'rdoc String#delete' gives us the rdoc for String's
delete method (right now i'd have to get my hand off the keyboard to
select it from the list). this has definitely the potential to
become my new favourite rdoc browser. thanks for sharing!

cheers
jens
31b74dfda914271fa4a30c2296d9ca30?d=identicon&s=25 Cipriani (Guest)
Hi Jean,

Yesterday I started a branch on Github for working in persistent
indexes when using rdoc-load. But improvements on search is also in my
todo list.

Anyone could contribute, of course.

Thanks for the suggestion,

Cipriani
Fe5660da5930df2d7b34b6066c2d16bb?d=identicon&s=25 Jens Wille (jwille)
Cipriani [2008-12-04 16:56]:
> Hi Jean,
jens ^^^^

> Yesterday I started a branch on Github for working in persistent
> indexes when using rdoc-load. But improvements on search is also
> in my todo list.
already cloned it and checked out that branch ;-) very interesting!

> Anyone could contribute, of course.
if only time would allow...

i'll watch your activity closely and chime in if i should happen to
have anything to contribute.
9a2a53db8e9b4476038c94a64b32833f?d=identicon&s=25 Ryan Bigg (ryan-bigg)
You guys could hook it into http://rails.loglibrary.com/lookup. This
takes the syntax like Ruby Array#size or Ruby Array size or just
distance_of_time_words or just Array and will link you right to the
documentation.
-----
Ryan Bigg
Freelancer
http://frozenplague.net
31b74dfda914271fa4a30c2296d9ca30?d=identicon&s=25 Cipriani (Guest)
Hey Ryan,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have aready implemented this type of
search, please, update your command.

http://projects.talleye.com/ubiquity-rdoc/

Regards

Luis Cipriani