Forum: GNU Radio Re: gnuradio compile problems for i686

E5c15853127fadbda6c0908608973345?d=identicon&s=25 Mikael Johansson (Guest)
Hi

3.1.3 builds fine, however when I try to build from tag gnuradio_r7596
I get the exact same problem, I am using Fedora Core 10.

I guess an older version of gcc can be installed, but how do I know
which version to install?
Or maybe there are other smarter ways of solving this?

Regards
 Mike

On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 12:29:52PM -0700, isaacgerg wrote:

> I am using whatever version is on fedora core 9 (im not at the machine),

Fedora 9 ships gcc 4.3.0.

There were changes required in our code to get it to compile under gcc
4.3.  Those changes were made in the trunk of the subversion
repository.  Those changes have not yet made it into a stable release
tarball.

> what does "use the trunk" mean?

Use the "latest development code"

  http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/Download

> I get the same errors with gnuradio 3.1.2 and 3.1.1
>
> gr_dispatcher.cc In member function 'void gr_dispatcher::loop(double)':
> gr_dispatcher.cc:177: error 'perror' was not declared in this scope.
>
> Thanks in advanced,
> Isaac

What version of GCC are you using?  4.3.* ?

If so, use the trunk.

Eric