Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails & Red5

D38ed82faa0b3296a56c0f768f32ce57?d=identicon&s=25 Enzo Rivello (enzor)
on 2008-12-02 19:59
Hi there guys!

I just was wondering if out there exists some plugin that would permit
to rails to interact directly with the flash streaming server Red5 for
purpose of video collaboration!

I searched around the net and i didn't find anything, so i'm passing the
question to the community!
D38ed82faa0b3296a56c0f768f32ce57?d=identicon&s=25 Enzo Rivello (enzor)
on 2008-12-03 16:09
nobody know nothing? :-(
20ee0d23c969c7740d3c936a4675bb23?d=identicon&s=25 Sarah Allen (ultrasaurus)
on 2009-05-26 10:08
Enzo Rivello wrote:
> I just was wondering if out there exists some plugin that would permit
> to rails to interact directly with the flash streaming server Red5 for
> purpose of video collaboration!

There's the openlaszlo_plugin and rOpenLaszlo which will get you
half-way there.  I'm also working on an open source a/v
recording/playback component and interested in making the Flash a/v
behavior a bit more accessible to Rails thru OpenLaszlo.

Are you still looking for something in this area?

Sarah
http://www.ultrasaurus.com
39a695a0c25434c943c1b96ff1c53c1e?d=identicon&s=25 Juan G. (juan_g)
on 2011-03-02 23:03
Hi guys! i want to make a videochat website in RoR! there is a tutorial
for that? i find i need a streaming server like Red5 o Flash Media
Server, is there another alternative?

Thanks