Forum: RSpec Using Cucumber with latest Webrat

E9799593a0bbdefeb9b9651bae9b9c4d?d=identicon&s=25 Stephen Veit (srveit)
on 2008-12-02 16:25
I added cucumber to my rails project using the following commands:

git submodule add git://github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber.git \
  vendor/plugins/cucumber
ruby script/generate cucumber
git submodule add git://github.com/brynary/webrat.git \
  vendor/plugins/webrat
git submodule add git://github.com/dchelimsky/rspec.git \
  vendor/plugins/rspec
git submodule add git://github.com/dchelimsky/rspec-rails.git \
  vendor/plugins/rspec-rails
script/generate rspec

I create a feature that used steps that included visits. I got the
following error:

/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
`gem_original_require': no such file to load -- webrat (LoadError)

This occurred at line 4 in webrat_steps.rb

So I commented out that line and added "require 'webrat'" to env.rb

This time I got the following error:

undefined method `visits' for
#<ActionController::Integration::Session:0x7f3d871693d0> (NoMethodError)

So I had to change the require in env.rb to

require 'webrat/rails'

It worked but I got the following deprecation errors:

visits is deprecated. Use visit instead.
fills_in is deprecated. Use fill_in instead.
clicks_button is deprecated. Use click_button instead.

I changed these in my steps file, and it worked fine.

The problem with requiring webrat from webrat_steps, is that when this
line is executed, the $LOAD_PATHS has not been modified to include the
plugin lib directories. That is done by support/env.rb. The rake task
"features" creates a command line that looks like:

-I
"/home/sveit/Projects/rails/varsitytutors/vendor/plugins/cucumber/lib"
"/home/sveit/Projects/rails/varsitytutors/vendor/plugins/cucumber/bin/cucumber"
--format pretty --require features/step_definitions/user_steps.rb
--require features/step_definitions/webrat_steps.rb --require
features/step_definitions/frooble_steps.rb --require
features/support/env.rb features/manage_users.feature

"support/env.rb" is required after "step_definitions/webrat_steps.rb".
this should probably be changed.
0be0e4aa42aacd9a8a95c792de273ca7?d=identicon&s=25 aslak hellesoy (Guest)
On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 4:25 PM, Stephen Veit <lists@ruby-forum.com>
wrote:

>  vendor/plugins/rspec-rails
> So I commented out that line and added "require 'webrat'" to env.rb
> It worked but I got the following deprecation errors:
>
> visits is deprecated. Use visit instead.
> fills_in is deprecated. Use fill_in instead.
> clicks_button is deprecated. Use click_button instead.
>
> I changed these in my steps file, and it worked fine.

I just (1 hour ago) incorporated some recent Cucumber changes from Bryan
(who writes Webrat) and released cucumber 0.1.11.
Can you try with the latest release? It should work well with Bryan's
latest
webrat.

Cheers,
Aslak
09477c358c5897d44121a248326e16d7?d=identicon&s=25 Jim Gay (Guest)
On Dec 2, 2008, at 10:42 AM, aslak hellesoy wrote:
>  vendor/plugins/rspec
> This occurred at line 4 in webrat_steps.rb
>

> I just (1 hour ago) incorporated some recent Cucumber changes from
> Bryan (who writes Webrat) and released cucumber 0.1.11.
> Can you try with the latest release? It should work well with
> Bryan's latest webrat.

I had the same problem. The fix was to install Webrat as a plugin.
I'll try out the updated versions.
E9799593a0bbdefeb9b9651bae9b9c4d?d=identicon&s=25 Stephen Veit (srveit)
on 2008-12-04 21:05
Jim Gay wrote:
> On Dec 2, 2008, at 10:42 AM, aslak hellesoy wrote:
>>  vendor/plugins/rspec
>> This occurred at line 4 in webrat_steps.rb
>>

>> I just (1 hour ago) incorporated some recent Cucumber changes from
>> Bryan (who writes Webrat) and released cucumber 0.1.11.
>> Can you try with the latest release? It should work well with
>> Bryan's latest webrat.
>
> I had the same problem. The fix was to install Webrat as a plugin.
> I'll try out the updated versions.

I tried with the latest plugins from GitHub for Cucumber and Webrat. It
worked fine. Thanks.
85d99e7678d8720f6e00ab0f60fe6ea9?d=identicon&s=25 Andrew Premdas (Guest)
But doesn't work with the webrat gem