Forum: Ruby Form Controls for User interface in a Database Application

Ede6dcd92a1e91feaba76bfc9f5954cb?d=identicon&s=25 Warren Dulnuan (rapido)
on 2008-12-01 02:59
Is there an IDE for Ruby where i can drag n drop Grid Controls, COmbo
Box, textbox etc in designing a user interface, just like in windows VB
and C#?
D337e2cf7c6d03caac6988d83e0e7f66?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Guterl (mguterl)
On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 8:53 PM, Warren Dulnuan <rr3800@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Is there an IDE for Ruby where i can drag n drop Grid Controls, COmbo
> Box, textbox etc in designing a user interface, just like in windows VB
> and C#?

You could use JRuby, Netbeans, and Matisse.

HTH,
Michael Guterl
Ede6dcd92a1e91feaba76bfc9f5954cb?d=identicon&s=25 Warren Dulnuan (rapido)
Thanks for the Reply, On Netbeans, is there the controls that i
mentioned?
and what database can i use on Ruby? Can i use MYSQL,MS access, SQL
Server?
851acbab08553d1f7aa3eecad17f6aa9?d=identicon&s=25 Ken Bloom (Guest)
On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 20:53:43 -0500, Warren Dulnuan wrote:

> Is there an IDE for Ruby where i can drag n drop Grid Controls, COmbo
> Box, textbox etc in designing a user interface, just like in windows VB
> and C#?

You could use qt4-qtruby and the qt4 designer.
Ede6dcd92a1e91feaba76bfc9f5954cb?d=identicon&s=25 Warren Dulnuan (rapido)
Can u pls Post some sample Ruby database applications for download that
ran
on windows?