Forum: Ruby Does A_UNDERLINE work in Ncurses-ruby ?

0026dd77fd9ecc97b36e5b79cdbcf590?d=identicon&s=25 R. Kumar (sentinel)
on 2008-11-30 15:25
Has anyone used this attribute while printing to a window ?

It is not working on my system from ruby (although it works from a C
program, and also using Highline which uses escape sequences).

Please let me know if you have identified the bug, or know a workaround.

I also notice that the Highline escape sequences work in an IRB session,
but they do not work in an Ncurses window (I suppose thats obvious since
the shell is not interpreting the window print).

(I might add that underlining works if you are using an NCurses FIELD,
but obviously that's using the underlying C code and not ruby-ncurses).
0026dd77fd9ecc97b36e5b79cdbcf590?d=identicon&s=25 R. Kumar (sentinel)
on 2008-12-02 15:47
Nit Khair wrote:
> Has anyone used this attribute while printing to a window ?

The problem lies with the terminal named "screen". It underlines when
writing to stdscr, but NOT to a window.

Other terminals such as xterm, vt100 etc all underline correctly.
However, I do notice that screen renders colors most faithfully.