Forum: Ruby on Rails Finding the size of ActiveRecord objects

Fe60aba68cb3d50f13ac9e13c15f84d5?d=identicon&s=25 Adam (Guest)
Hi all,

Is there a way to find the size of an ActiveRecord object on the disk?
The idea is that a user has a certain amount of disk space allocated
to them and they can create various objects until they run out of
space. Is this possible?

Many thanks,
Adam
On Nov 28, 10:56 am, Adam <adampennycu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a way to find the size of an ActiveRecord object on the disk?
> The idea is that a user has a certain amount of disk space allocated
> to them and they can create various objects until they run out of
> space. Is this possible?

Sounds like a lot of this will depend on how the database stores the
rows (eg how long are numerical columns etc..., are rows packed
etc...)

Fred