Forum: Ruby on Rails webrat - click on any (named) html element

Bfa7bded551b934e38d141f86281447f?d=identicon&s=25 Clemens Wyss (clemens)
can I simulate with webrat a click on any named html element? E.g. on
a <td> element?
D56f368e84452b5e88992b0a634a2a30?d=identicon&s=25 Bryan Helmkamp (Guest)
Webrat only supports clicking on links and buttons when running as a
browser simulator (without Selenium). Without JavaScript, there's no
way to know what clicking anything else would do, so there's not a
reason to support it.

Also, there's now a dedicated Webrat mailing list at:

http://groups.google.com/group/webrat

Cheers,

-Bryan
Bfa7bded551b934e38d141f86281447f?d=identicon&s=25 Clemens Wyss (clemens)
on 2008-12-01 17:16
Bryan Helmkamp wrote:
> Webrat only supports clicking on links and buttons when running as a
> browser simulator (without Selenium). Without JavaScript, there's no
> way to know what clicking anything else would do, so there's not a
> reason to support it.
I agree

> Also, there's now a dedicated Webrat mailing list at:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/webrat
thanks