Forum: Radiant CMS Multi-site extension and Tags extension

E61bab0f40d9663a547ee06f16c9a5a6?d=identicon&s=25 Josh Hart (b13josh)
on 2008-11-28 05:35
I'm attempting to use both the radiant-multi-site extension and the
radiant-tags extension. Individually they both work great but when used
together the tags work across all sites.

I am developing two sites for a local charity. They want to be able to
manage both from a single interface and Radiant with the multi-site
extension seems perfect. However, they would like to be able to use tags
on both sites too. But different sets of tags.  At the moment a tag
created on one site shows up in the tag list/cloud of both sites. They
would like each site to have it's own unique tags.

Am I making sense?

Do you have any suggestion as to how I might go about finding a
solution? I'm a novice programmer, new to Ruby/Rails/Radiant, and don't
really know where to start. I would really value any advice or guidance
on how best to try and approach this.

Thanks in advance.
3a6ed6e0a482ea01ff45420d4caba015?d=identicon&s=25 Aditya Chadha (Guest)
Josh,

On Nov 27, 2008, at 11:35 PM, Josh Hart wrote:

> I'm attempting to use both the radiant-multi-site extension and the
> radiant-tags extension. Individually they both work great but when
> used
> together the tags work across all sites.

[snip]

> However, they would like to be able to use tags
> on both sites too. But different sets of tags.  At the moment a tag
> created on one site shows up in the tag list/cloud of both sites. They
> would like each site to have it's own unique tags.

The trouble is that the multi_site extension doesn't know about the
meta_tags table, so you'd have to find a way to scope the tags table
by site_id just like the multi_site extension does for the users
table, here:

http://github.com/zapnap/radiant-multi-site-extens...

Then you can add code to add/delete/use tags that are scoped to a
site, much like you can add users scoped to a site.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Aditya

--