Forum: GNU Radio Re: a report on dqpsk modulation in gnuradio

80e825d1e631c4d6681b39c0176c2f85?d=identicon&s=25 Bill Stevenson (Guest)
________________________________
From: Bill Stevenson <bill.stevenson07@yahoo.com>
To: Johnathan Corgan <jcorgan@corganenterprises.com>
Cc: discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 11:43:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] a report on dqpsk modulation in gnuradio

________________________________
From: Johnathan Corgan <jcorgan@corganenterprises.com>
To: Bill Stevenson <bill.stevenson07@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 11:29:06 PM

On Tue, 2008-11-25 at 18:43 -0800, Bill Stevenson wrote:

> OMG!!! Thank you for your information, it will be really helpful!!! I
> will update my code soon. For updating, do I just need to download the
> gnuradio-3.1.3.tar.gz and rebuild it? Thank you!!!

I'm sorry, I hadn't realized you were using the official release.  I
haven't checked yet whether the bug that was fixed on our "trunk"
software branch exists in that version, so I don't know if it affected
you.

In any case, unless you are willing to use svn and download from our
trunk software, you won't see an update until 3.1.4 is released.

-Johnathan

Thank you, Johnathan. Anyway, I would like to use svn and download the
fixed code from the trunk software! Do I just need to type in the
command:
$ svn co http://gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/trunk gnuradio
in the terminal?

But, is there anything else I should do after downloading the code? I
would like to devote to the development of our

gnuradio code and I am not scared of sacrificing!

Bill

One more question I forgot is what kind of risk that might happen to me
after I updated the trunk code? Thank you!

Bill
On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 8:46 PM, Bill Stevenson
<bill.stevenson07@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thank you, Johnathan. Anyway, I would like to use svn and download the fixed
> code from the trunk software! Do I just need to type in the command:
>
> $ svn co http://gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/trunk gnuradio
> in the terminal?

Yes.

Please read: http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/BuildGuide

> One more question I forgot is what kind of risk that might happen to me
> after I updated the trunk code? Thank you!

The trunk release of software changes frequently, and doesn't always
maintain backwards compatibility with existing code.  At this point,
releases 3.1.x are getting old, and the trunk has many more features.
Since we are nearing release 3.2, however, there won't be much more
churn.

-Johnathan
80e825d1e631c4d6681b39c0176c2f85?d=identicon&s=25 Bill Stevenson (Guest)
________________________________
On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 8:46 PM, Bill Stevenson
<bill.stevenson07@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thank you, Johnathan. Anyway, I would like to use svn and download the fixed
> code from the trunk software! Do I just need to type in the command:
>
> $ svn co http://gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/trunk gnuradio
> in the terminal?

Yes.

> But, is there anything else I should do after downloading the code?

Please read: http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/BuildGuide

> One more question I forgot is what kind of risk that might happen to me
> after I updated the trunk code? Thank you!

The trunk release of software changes frequently, and doesn't always
maintain backwards compatibility with existing code.  At this point,
releases 3.1.x are getting old, and the trunk has many more features.
Since we are nearing release 3.2, however, there won't be much more
churn.

-Johnathan

Thank you so much, Johnathan. I really appreciate your patience!

Bill
80e825d1e631c4d6681b39c0176c2f85?d=identicon&s=25 Bill Stevenson (Guest)
________________________________
On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 8:46 PM, Bill Stevenson
<bill.stevenson07@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thank you, Johnathan. Anyway, I would like to use svn and download the fixed
> code from the trunk software! Do I just need to type in the command:
>
> $ svn co http://gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/trunk gnuradio
> in the terminal?

Yes.

> But, is there anything else I should do after downloading the code?

Please read: http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/BuildGuide

> One more question I forgot is what kind of risk that might happen to me
> after I updated the trunk code? Thank you!

The trunk release of software changes frequently, and doesn't always
maintain backwards compatibility with existing code.  At this point,
releases 3.1.x are getting old, and the trunk has many more features.
Since we are nearing release 3.2, however, there won't be much more
churn.

-Johnathan

Hello, Johnathan. I have implemented the entire codes in the trunk step
by step, but unfortunately this time I cannot receive any correct
packets under the dqpsk modulation scheme even after I set the packet
size to 40. Actually, before I installed the SVN codes, I was able to
get 90% correct packets when I set the packet size to 40 and samples per
symbol to 4, but this time it failed sadly. Is there anything going
wrong in your new carrier offset tracking tactics? Thank you!

Bill