Forum: RSpec autospec broken - non-rails project

For some reason, autospec has stopped working on one of my pure ruby
projects.

I'm not sure whether or not this was before of after I updated to RSpec
1.1.11.

Spec's which run fine using the textmate rspec bundle's runner fail with
autospec, with a 'undefined method describe' error.

I'm sure that it's some configuration error, but so far googling has not
brought any joy.

Any help appreciated.

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby
http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/
48641c4be1fbe167929fb16c9fd94990?d=identicon&s=25 Mark Wilden (Guest)
On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 2:21 PM, Rick DeNatale
<rick.denatale@gmail.com>wrote:

> 'undefined method describe' error.

This has nothing to do with your problem, but I thought it was kind of
funny. I was working on a little non-Rails project myself, and got the
'undefined method describe' error with the following code:

require 'rubygems'
require 'spec'

describe 'nothing' do
  it 'should fail' do
    1.should == 2

What was especially frustrating was that this code worked perfectly well
in
irb. I got as far as composing a message to post here, when I realized
that
perhaps spec.rb was not the best name for this file. :)

///ark