Forum: GNU Radio Re: does USRP need some warm up before it gets into its normal state?

80e825d1e631c4d6681b39c0176c2f85?d=identicon&s=25 Bill Stevenson (Guest)
----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Bill Stevenson <bill.stevenson07@yahoo.com>
To: George Nychis <gnychis@cmu.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 5:16:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] does USRP need some warm up before it
gets into its normal state?

________________________________
From: George Nychis <gnychis@cmu.edu>
To: Bill Stevenson <bill.stevenson07@yahoo.com>
Cc: discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 9:33:57 PM
gets into its normal state?

> Thank you again, George! Did you mean that I just need to forget about the packets
transmitted in the first 10 or more microsecond by the USRPs? Maybe I have a
misunderstanding of initiation. Does initiation mean every time I plug in the power cable
of USRP to transmit or every time I press the "enter" button to start the transmission
once again with power cable already on it?

Why don't you just try it and find out?  Start by thowing away 20
samples at start, and see if you see the spike.  If you do, try throwing
away 30 samples.  If you still see it, continue until you don't.

- George

Thank you for your guidance, George!

Bill