Forum: Radiant CMS Newsletter extension questions

3c415075c9e778e2d38ebf4588a68464?d=identicon&s=25 Nate Turnage (Guest)
Hey all,

I am about to add the newsletter extension to a project, but first I
wanted
to ask a few questions about it.

1. Can it send an email confirmation back to the person that signed up?
2. Is it set up to force them to confirm before you can email to them?
3. Are there facilities for them to unsubscribe later on if they want
to?

I think that's all for now.

Thanks,

Nate
514784888f1bbfb08a189684bf14abc2?d=identicon&s=25 Andrew Neil (Guest)
On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 5:01 PM, Nate Turnage <pixelnate@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I am about to add the newsletter extension to a project, but first I wanted
> to ask a few questions about it.
>
> 1. Can it send an email confirmation back to the person that signed up?

Yes

> 2. Is it set up to force them to confirm before you can email to them?

Nobody is forced to confirm ;-)
When someone signs up, they are immediately entered into the database
with
status 'unconfirmed' (or similar). They are sent an email with an
activation
link. Clicking on the link sets their status to 'confirmed'. When you
send
an email to the list, it will only be delivered to people who have
confirmed.

3. Are there facilities for them to unsubscribe later on if they want
to?

Yes.

Cheers,
Drew

I think that's all for now.
3c415075c9e778e2d38ebf4588a68464?d=identicon&s=25 Nate Turnage (Guest)
Perfect. Thanks Drew. Installing git from macports now to make use of
it.

~Nate