Forum: Radiant CMS Use Radius tags to do redirections?

28869a509b11eb77375d066fce22fcc8?d=identicon&s=25 Vincent Pérès (vincentp)
on 2008-11-25 16:19
Hello,

I'm trying to find a way to restrict access to my Radiant front pages
using Radius tags (or maybe not) like that :

<r:allow_access_to groups="user" />

tag "allow_access_to" do |tag|
  ...process...
  unless has_right
    redirect_to "/"

But it's not working because the redirect_to method is coming from
ActionController... I tried to call a helper, but the I can't too.

Do you have any idea to 'redirect' me in the right way? What are you
using usually? Could you share your experience, thank you !

Vincent
Ec797ac7978ab39f04b0a5844c234528?d=identicon&s=25 Mohit Sindhwani (mohits)
Vincent Pérès wrote:
>     redirect_to "/"

I can't answer your question directly, but as a different solution,
single pages can be easily protected by using simple_password.  I wrote
up a page in the Summer Reboot for this:
http://wiki.radiantcms.org/simple_password

Cheers,
Mohit.
11/25/2008 | 11:21 PM.
28869a509b11eb77375d066fce22fcc8?d=identicon&s=25 Vincent Pérès (vincentp)
on 2008-11-25 18:08
Mohit Sindhwani wrote:
> Vincent Pérès wrote:
>>     redirect_to "/"
>>
> I can't answer your question directly, but as a different solution,
> single pages can be easily protected by using simple_password.  I wrote
> up a page in the Summer Reboot for this:
> http://wiki.radiantcms.org/simple_password
>
> Cheers,
> Mohit.
> 11/25/2008 | 11:21 PM.

Yes I changed at first shared_layout extension to do something like that
with my own groups. So, maybe there isn't other easy way.

Thanks !
Vincent