Forum: Rails deployment svn not recognized as an internal or external command

2f1b77757fbee66ef826844b647a8b4c?d=identicon&s=25 Katsuo Isono (katsuo)
on 2008-11-25 11:42
Hi, I am trying to deploy my app to a repository and encountered the
following problem.

When I do svn checkout at command prompt , I get this error;

'svn not recognized as an internal or external command'

I am on Windows using Rails 2.2.2. Do I need to get a gem to have this
svn command work?

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Ed78f6c66a6f29bd89c67eeaf4f69931?d=identicon&s=25 Petr Bobek (praethorian)
on 2008-11-28 19:35
D7830e8ca05e1d7c475837691ca1a2ec?d=identicon&s=25 max paragados (paragadosm)
on 2008-12-05 03:00
Petr Bobek wrote:
> http://subversion.tigris.org/
>
> next time use this forum http://www.ruby-forum.com/forum/3

I think you need to install the subversion before you can use the
command prompt method equivalent to the TortoiseSVN checkout command.

As stated by Petr above you can download the installer at
http://subversion.tigris.org/