Forum: Mongrel Mongrel cluster processes not starting

Ad97d898eefbb44ba50c07ee8554781b?d=identicon&s=25 Richard Mcintyre (mackstar)
I am starting my mongrel processes with

mongrel_rails cluster::start

or

sudo mongrel_rails cluster::start

starting port 8000
starting port 8001
starting port 8002
starting port 8003

and they appear to have started, but they haven't

mongrel_rails cluster::status

gives me

missing pid_file: /var/www/railsdeploy/current/tmp/pids/mongrel.8000.pid
missing mongrel_rails: port 8000

missing pid_file: /var/www/railsdeploy/current/tmp/pids/mongrel.8001.pid
missing mongrel_rails: port 8001

missing pid_file: /var/www/railsdeploy/current/tmp/pids/mongrel.8002.pid
missing mongrel_rails: port 8002

missing pid_file: /var/www/railsdeploy/current/tmp/pids/mongrel.8003.pid
missing mongrel_rails: port 8003

Why could this be?? I have opened up the permissions so all can access
these, I have even tried it at 777 but I get the same results.

If I add dummy pids to the directory it notices they are there and
gives me errors on start up so it is recognizing this directory, but
not bothering to add the pids or start up...

Somebody help!

Many thanks

Richard
E7cff3cfd41c495e1012227d7dc24202?d=identicon&s=25 Luis Lavena (luislavena)
On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 5:23 AM, Richard McIntyre
<richard.mackstar@gmail.com> wrote:
> starting port 8002
>
> these, I have even tried it at 777 but I get the same results.
>
> If I add dummy pids to the directory it notices they are there and
> gives me errors on start up so it is recognizing this directory, but
> not bothering to add the pids or start up...
>
> Somebody help!

Did you tried to start just one mongrel?

mongrel_rails start

and check if your application is not failing for other reasons.

--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17

When just run one mongrel, it works, but when use cluster, got that
problem. Any idea?

I use ruby 1.8.7, rails 2.3.5 and mongrel cluster 1.0.5

Luis Lavena wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 5:23 AM, Richard McIntyre
> <richard.mackstar@gmail.com> wrote:
>> starting port 8002
>>
>> these, I have even tried it at 777 but I get the same results.
>>
>> If I add dummy pids to the directory it notices they are there and
>> gives me errors on start up so it is recognizing this directory, but
>> not bothering to add the pids or start up...
>>
>> Somebody help!
>>

> Did you tried to start just one mongrel?
>
> mongrel_rails start
>
> and check if your application is not failing for other reasons.
>
> --
> Luis Lavena
> AREA 17
> -
> Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from
> the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent
> disinclination to do so.
> Douglas Adams
E7cff3cfd41c495e1012227d7dc24202?d=identicon&s=25 Luis Lavena (luislavena)
On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 11:17 AM, Hudarsono Hudarsono
<lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> I exactly have the same problem. It happens with ubuntu 8 and also got
> the same problem with debian 5.
>
> When just run one mongrel, it works, but when use cluster, got that
> problem. Any idea?
>
> I use ruby 1.8.7, rails 2.3.5 and mongrel cluster 1.0.5

I'm not aware of any issue with mongrel_cluster and 1.8.7, but there
could be.

What are the contents of your mongrel_cluster configuration file?

--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17
Luis Lavena wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 11:17 AM, Hudarsono Hudarsono
> <lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
>> I exactly have the same problem. It happens with ubuntu 8 and also got
>> the same problem with debian 5.
>>
>> When just run one mongrel, it works, but when use cluster, got that
>> problem. Any idea?
>>
>> I use ruby 1.8.7, rails 2.3.5 and mongrel cluster 1.0.5
>>

> I'm not aware of any issue with mongrel_cluster and 1.8.7, but there
> could be.
>
> What are the contents of your mongrel_cluster configuration file?
>
> --
> Luis Lavena
> AREA 17
> -
> Perfection in design is achieved not when there is nothing more to add,
> but rather when there is nothing more to take away.
> Antoine de Saint-Exup�ry

Hi, sorry, it was my fault. I was not setup the permission correctly.
When checking on mongrel log, got permission denied error. but
everythings seems ok after correct that stuff.

Thanks.