Forum: Ruby on Rails Actionwebservice as a SOAP client to .NET services.

C0cb3aadb9a66d00df16686f4a1fc312?d=identicon&s=25 Tim Uckun (Guest)
I have read the (scant) documentation on the datanoise
actionwebservice gems and can't figure out how you are supposed to
structure the SOAP client.

Has anybody ever used actionwebservice as a client? If so could
somebody please put a sample someplace?

Thanks.
134ea397777886d6f0aa992672a50eaa?d=identicon&s=25 Mark Thomas (Guest)
On Nov 23, 9:50 pm, "Tim Uckun" <timuc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have read the (scant) documentation on the datanoise
> actionwebservice gems and can't figure out how you are supposed to
> structure the SOAP client.

You probably want SOAP4R. See http://rubyforge.org/projects/soap4r/
and also my tutorial at
http://markthomas.org/2007/09/12/getting-started-with-soap4r

-- Mark.
C0cb3aadb9a66d00df16686f4a1fc312?d=identicon&s=25 Tim Uckun (Guest)
> You probably want SOAP4R. See http://rubyforge.org/projects/soap4r/
> and also my tutorial at http://markthomas.org/2007/09/12/getting-started-with-soap4r

Thanks. I have written a stand alone ruby script that fetches the data
I want. The next step is to see if I can make it work in rails.