Forum: NGINX nginx contribution model

B9340b8cfd6b4038536e58327ef648c9?d=identicon&s=25 Arvind Jayaprakash (Guest)
I have the following questions regarding nginx:

    * Is there some sort of a publically accessible SCM?
    * Is there is some sort of a bug/feature request tracking system
      besides http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxFeatureRequests?
    * How does one contribute any sort of change/patchset?

Once we have the answers, we can have it on the wiki.
Hello!

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 06:03:44PM +0530, Arvind Jayaprakash wrote:

> I have the following questions regarding nginx:
>
>     * Is there some sort of a publically accessible SCM?

No.

I'm maintaining Mercurial repos with all public releases
imported (http://mdounin.ru/hg/nginx-vendor-*), but it's not
official and doesn't contain changesets but only release imports.

>     * Is there is some sort of a bug/feature request tracking system
>       besides http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxFeatureRequests?

No.

>     * How does one contribute any sort of change/patchset?

Posting patches here probably the best way to go.

Maxim Dounin
Maxim Dounin wrote:
> I'm maintaining Mercurial repos with all public releases
> Posting patches here probably the best way to go.
I don't intent to start a flame war but how bad is an idea to start a
project on sourceforge/launchpad/google code/something else?