Forum: Ruby on Rails Free software projekt seeking for help

Fea04d08dff429eff6e81d25cf91b8d2?d=identicon&s=25 koopmann.lennart@googlemail.com (Guest)
Hey everyone,

I am the developer of ScopePort: A free remote monitoring server. Yes,
another one. Please don't ask why there is a need for another remote
monitoring server. Check the website of ScopePort or this blog post
for the answer of your not asked question:
http://blog.scopeport.org/remote-monitoring/defini...
:) Thank you!

The Web Interface was initially written in PHP. As the needs were
rising I PHP considered as not flexible or just good enough to fulfill
my needs. This is why I recently decided to re-write the whole Web
Interface with Rails. The Layout was ready so the development could
start immediately. I already implement some controllers but I know
that I need some support as soon as possible.

In this state of early development of the Web Interface (the server
and clients are ready for a beta test but worthless without a Web
Interface) we can even think about further structure and development
because nothing has to stay as it is. I for myself am quite new to
Rails so it's safe to say that there will be some things that should
be changed. I need your experience here to keep our project flexible.

ScopePort is licensed under the terms of the GPL.

The Website of ScopePort: http://www.scopeport.org/
Repositories are hosted on GitHub.com

Thanks for your time and your interest in free software.

Best regards from Hamburg, Germany
Lennart Koopmann

http://blog.scopeport.org/
3787f4c8c35e8cfc4833cda6e5d8c367?d=identicon&s=25 Ernesto Rocha (Guest)
How can i help you?
Fea04d08dff429eff6e81d25cf91b8d2?d=identicon&s=25 Lennart Koopmann (Guest)
2008/11/22 Ernesto Rocha <ernestorrocha@gmail.com>

> How can i help you?

Thanks for your reply!

I am needing help for almost everything related to the Web Interface. :)

- Generally forms to fill the database the server is reading and
reading. A
dashboard with the health values of monitored servers and services. All
the
data comes all from the database.

- I have no login/user system yet. This is another very big point, too.

- User definable overview screens where a user can put graphs and data.
The
stuff to display on big screens in the office. ;)

I am working on a ToDo in the Wiki.