Forum: Ruby WhoIs lookup using Ruby

Dba4b2c25b8d018e128418399c89cc40?d=identicon&s=25 Andrew Hite (andyhite)
on 2008-11-21 22:35
Is there a Ruby class or an API I could use for conducting WhoIs lookups
on domain names? I found whois-ruby, but it looks like it only does
ipwhois lookups, which isn't what I'm looking for.

Any ideas? I've been looking around for a while and haven't had any
luck...
Dba4b2c25b8d018e128418399c89cc40?d=identicon&s=25 Andrew Hite (andyhite)
on 2008-11-22 00:06
Andrew Hite wrote:
> Is there a Ruby class or an API I could use for conducting WhoIs lookups
> on domain names? I found whois-ruby, but it looks like it only does
> ipwhois lookups, which isn't what I'm looking for.
>
> Any ideas? I've been looking around for a while and haven't had any
> luck...

Nevermind - it looks like my best bet is going to be parsing the output
of a command-line whois client.