Forum: wxRuby Static line is not drawn

8169bd2772aa4c151c8688dd1b08348e?d=identicon&s=25 Omar Hernandez (ramo)
Hello there,

My next problem is with a wx::StaticLine

ok, in the code, i'm using a notebook and i'm putting a panel in it. I
declare and initialize comboboxes, grids, lavels (static texts),
textctrl, buttons, etc, and a StaticLine.

Everything appears on the window, but not the line. If I call the line
outside the notebook in an independen panel (on other program) the line
is drwan. So I think I missed something.

Another problem is that the TextCtrl is drawn in a strange way: just a
white rectangle whithout borders and it looks bad.

I'm attaching the code, please run it and check what I mean.
Any help would be great!

I'm using Windows, and I've olny tried the code on windows.
702e7be0363212fda673e1aaf3b55b0d?d=identicon&s=25 Jn Jacob (jnruby)
on 2008-11-21 20:10
Omar Hernandez wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> My next problem is with a wx::StaticLine
>
> ok, in the code, i'm using a notebook and i'm putting a panel in it. I
> declare and initialize comboboxes, grids, lavels (static texts),
> textctrl, buttons, etc, and a StaticLine.
>
> Everything appears on the window, but not the line. If I call the line
> outside the notebook in an independen panel (on other program) the line
> is drwan. So I think I missed something.

I think the size shouldnt be -1 , make it greater than 0

> Another problem is that the TextCtrl is drawn in a strange way: just a
> white rectangle whithout borders and it looks bad.

try setting border options on like DOUBLE_BORDER , i am not sure if it
would work.

> I'm attaching the code, please run it and check what I mean.
> Any help would be great!
>
> I'm using Windows, and I've olny tried the code on windows.
8169bd2772aa4c151c8688dd1b08348e?d=identicon&s=25 Omar Hernandez (ramo)
on 2008-12-03 22:56
Jn Jacob wrote:

> I think the size shouldnt be -1 , make it greater than 0
>
> try setting border options on like DOUBLE_BORDER , i am not sure if it
> would work.

well it worked, with some other small modifications to the code, but it
worked in the end.

thank you