Subject: Survey Invitation : Ruby + GUI
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 22:43:29 +0000
From: Alex F. [email protected]
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ruby

Everyone’s invited to take part in a short survey on using Ruby for GUI
programming; I’d be grateful for 5 or 10 minutes of your time at:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=o2UwH3KcrOyLxKsh8mOJMg_3d_3d

Even if you never do GUI programming in Ruby, please take a minute to
respond, as it’s interesting to know why people aren’t using Ruby for
this as well as why people are. Non-GUI programmers get a very quick
version of the survey.

The survey should take no more than 5-10 minutes to complete. That’s
unless you have a lot of things you want to get off your chest in the
comment boxes - which you’re welcome to do too.

All the answers are anonymous. The survey will run for two weeks, after
which the results will be posted on the web, with a notice here. The
anonymised raw data will also be made available to those who are
interested.

The background to this is that there are sporadic threads on GUI
programming on this group, but little overall picture of Ruby GUI usage
emerges. New options for GUI development have emerged in recent year.
I’m interested to know who’s doing what, and how Ruby could be a better
language for these kind of applications.

Thank you to Rubyists who commented on earlier drafts of the survey.
Please feel free to forward the survey link to relevant mailing lists
etc.

Thanks for your support.

alex